Innovation

Responsibility

Leadership

Noel Clarke filmed me naked but police ignored my allegation, says co-star

Star InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar Inactive
 

Noel Clarke filmed me naked but police ignored my allegation, says co-star

A woman who has accused Noel Clarke of sexual harassment said police refused to investigate the star after he allegedly filmed her naked during an audition.

Officers reportedly told Jahannah James,31,that they could not take any action unless the actor “threatened her” with the footage. 

She is one of the 27 women who have brought allegations of sexual harassment and bullying against the 45-year-old actor. 

Ms James, who co -starred with Clarke in the film Brotherhood, made the claim after being asked why she had not approached the police at the time of the incident. 

She posted on Twitter: “I tried to go to the police, they said they couldn't do anything unless he threatened me with the footage!!!

“And I wasn't in a place where I could speak out alone at the time. It's only together we've been able to speak now.”

Clarke has strongly denied the allegations.

Noel Clarke, Jahannah James posing for the camera: Noel Clarke pictured alongside accuser Jahannah James

It comes after footage emerged of Clarke, and fellow cast member Jason Maza, playing a cruel joke on Ms James. 

In the prank, in which Maza lay on the floor and pretended to have an allergic reaction, Clarke can be heard telling her to 'get your f**** out and pee'. 

Meanwhile Scotland Yard has said it is "assessing" a specific allegation, following claims from 27 women now alleging they were sexually harassed or groped by the celebrated actor and director. 

The Met Police confirmed that a 'third-party report' was made on April 21 'relating to allegations of sexual offences committed by a male over a period of time'.

A third party report is when claims are made to an organisation separate from the police. 

This type of report is anonymous and means the claims cannot be probed by officers but can be used as intelligence.

A spokesman said no criminal investigation had been launched but that officers are "currently assessing the information".

We would urge anyone who believes they have been subjected to a sexual offence to report this to police so the information can be assessed and investigated accordingly,” they said. 

Meanwhile, it was reported that Bafta spent two weeks deciding how best to respond to allegations against Clarke prior to presenting him with one of its highest honours, the Outstanding British Contribution to Cinema Award.

While Clarke has apologised “deeply” for his actions, he has “vehemently” denied sexual misconduct or criminal behaviour.

The father-of-three was suspended from Bafta following the allegations, while Sky took the decision to 'halt' filming of the latest series of his east London crime drama Bulletproof.  

They claim he told them to strip off for auditions and forced them into filming nude scenes with him, as well as making unwanted advances and lewd remarks, a Guardian investigation claimed. 

The allegations surfaced after Clarke received an 'outstanding contribution' award from Bafta last month in recognition of his career writing, directing and starring in the critically acclaimed filmed series, Kidulthood, Adulthood and Brotherhood. 

He also starred as Mickey Smith in Doctor Who between 2005 and 2010.

Reference: The Telegraph: Max Stephens  

MailChimp Signup

Subscribe to Newsletter
Please wait

Login Form

Recommended SEO Feeds

BBC News - Home

Social Media Links Genius

Cron Job Starts

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.

Ok
X

Right Click

No right click